Technical Associate, Drug Development Pipeline Research, Financing and Reimbursement of Cures in the US (FoCUS) Project
MIT Job Title: Technical Associate I
Technical Associate, Drug Development Pipeline Research (DDPR) will report to the FoCUS Director, DDPR and will provide research and analytic support for the Portfolio Analysis and Modeling Team (PAM). Position will start in June 2018 and will be funded for one year with a possibility of extension.
The Technical Associate will perform the following essential duties:
- As a member of the project team, design and develop durable methodologies for extracting data necessary for the achievement of project goals.
- Support the further development of the Drug Pipeline Portfolio Analysis Model.
- Execute other research, analysis, modeling and/or simulation assignments that are identified as necessary to advance the project.
- Attend regularly scheduled Research Team meetings to give progress reports and provide expertise and insight into ongoing discussions.
- Provide research and analytic support for other aspects of the FoCUS Project.
FoCUS Director, DDPR will provide direct supervision to the DDPR Technical Associate.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in research related roles; BSc in Economics, Engineering or Finance with coursework evidencing the ability to advance the objectives of the FoCUS project
- Significant experience executing research projects involving modeling and simulation designs
- Broad understanding of and interest in the current political and economic situation related to financing of curative therapies in the United States
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated publication history preferred
- Experience with large scale data analytics and data visualization desirable
- Must be team oriented but able to work independently in a multidisciplinary team environment
Candidates must submit applications via the MIT human resources website: http://careers.mit.edu/