PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW ALL OPPORTUNITIES
Technical Associate, Drug Development Pipeline Research, Financing and Reimbursement of Cures in the US (FoCUS) Project
MIT Job Title: Technical Associate I
Technical Associate, Drug Development Pipeline Research (DDPR) will report to the FoCUS Director, DDPR and will provide research and analytic support for the Portfolio Analysis and Modeling Team (PAM). Position will start in June 2018 and will be funded for one year with a possibility of extension.
The Technical Associate will perform the following essential duties:
- As a member of the project team, design and develop durable methodologies for extracting data necessary for the achievement of project goals.
- Support the further development of the Drug Pipeline Portfolio Analysis Model.
- Execute other research, analysis, modeling and/or simulation assignments that are identified as necessary to advance the project.
- Attend regularly scheduled Research Team meetings to give progress reports and provide expertise and insight into ongoing discussions.
- Provide research and analytic support for other aspects of the FoCUS Project.
FoCUS Director, DDPR will provide direct supervision to the DDPR Technical Associate.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in research related roles; BSc in Economics, Engineering or Finance with coursework evidencing the ability to advance the objectives of the FoCUS project
- Significant experience executing research projects involving modeling and simulation designs
- Broad understanding of and interest in the current political and economic situation related to financing of curative therapies in the United States
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated publication history preferred
- Experience with large scale data analytics and data visualization desirable
- Must be team oriented but able to work independently in a multidisciplinary team environment
Candidates must submit applications via the MIT human resources website: http://careers.mit.edu/
Student Researcher Needed
Patient Perspective Research
MIT Center for Biomedical Innovation
NEWDIGS Initiative/Financing & Reimbursement of Cures in the US (FoCUS) Project
Medical research is making significant advances toward treatments that cure major diseases, but these treatments will often entail very high up-front costs with benefits extended over time. While an individual treatment for a rare disease can be managed within the current system, with over 600 novel medicines in the development pipeline, it is increasingly clear that payers will not be able to shoulder the financial burden that stems from the total collection of premium-priced products in the market, without change. The FoCUS (Financing and Reimbursement of Cures in the US) project involves an examination of potential financial solutions to what could be a growing issue for the US Healthcare system from the perspective of all stakeholders. http://newdigs.mit.edu/projects. This portion of the project will examine the Patient Perspective.
We have an immediate opening for a researcher to assist in this important undertaking. The aims of this work are to better understand the patient experience, insofar as it pertains to financing of durable and potentially curable therapies.
The objectives are:
• to undertake a systematic review of published and gray literature
• to create a PRISMA Diagram of the results
• to create Summary of Findings tables
• to develop manuscript with a senior team member, and present the results to a group of senior pharmaceutical and financial leaders.
Research will be performed in collaboration with experts in the Healthcare Economics field and leadership from the Center for Biomedical Innovation/NEWDIGS Initiative. The researcher will use available literature and public documents.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in performing a systematic review and knows PRISMA guidelines. He/She has a strong background in Healthcare/Finance/Economics and are available to work up to full-time during the summer months with possible extension into the Fall Semester, on this exciting academic research project. Graduate students and Post-Docs will be considered for this position.
Candidate will interact with the FoCUS project research team. This will provide exposure and learning experience from a healthcare, medical, finance and economics perspectives.
• Demonstrated experience in performing a Systematic Review
• Preferred experience creating a PRISMA Diagram
• Preferable to have some background in finance, economics and interest in healthcare field.
• Available to start in ASAP- with opportunity for full-time work over the summer and possible extension into the Fall term