NEWDIGS-LEAPS Project Coordinator
Position Now Open: Apply at https://careers.mit.edu/
Job ID: 15570
The NEWDIGS Project Coordinator will provide project support within CBI, specifically the NEWDIGS Initiative/ LEAPS (Learning Ecosystem Accelerator for Patient-Centered Sustainable Innovation) Project. It includes, with minimal supervision, complex, high-level and independent management of assignments. The Coordinator will collaborate with the LEAPS MIT Leadership Team and be responsible for supporting LEAPS Teams, program operations, design labs, meeting management, and other duties as directed. S/he will assist the Director of Integrated Knowledge Solutions in developing and executing a communication strategy to highlight the project’s objectives and accomplishments both internal and external to MIT.
The project coordinator will independently oversee the day-to-day operational aspects of the project including setting up team meetings, preparing agendas, producing minutes and following up with team members on next step activities. Coordinator will assist in the preparation of plans and materials for periodic project Design Labs, coordinate team event attendees, stakeholder group outreach, and support travel grant applications. Coordinator will manage internal task-force meetings related to Design Lab events, suggest website content, triage and act as liaison to faculty, staff, contractors, speakers, and participants as appropriate for the situation. In addition, they will provide assistance with event registration staff and ensure that all logistical arrangements are in place, follow up with participants on post-event evaluations, and other duties as needed.
On-site Design Lab attendance is required; therefore, coordinator may travel to events, meetings, and conferences to be held in the U.S. and abroad. Other duties as needed.
This position is funded through the NEWDIGS consortium membership and will be a three-year role with opportunity for renewal dependent upon funding.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and 2 years related project management experience
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and client service skills that promote collaboration and cooperation
• Background in healthcare and/or Pharmaceutical R&D area a plus
• Exceptional organizational, time management, and project management skills
• Must have excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to consolidate feedback from multiple sources into a cohesive single output document, able to create and share deliverable instructions in a clear and concise manner
• Proven ability to budget activities and events; reporting experience to management a plus
• Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and entrepreneurial environment
• Proven success working both independently and within a dynamic and closely-knit team environment
• Self-motivated, well organized, and attentive to detail
• Ability to think strategically, set priorities and coordinate multiple tasks, exert influence, negotiate, work across boundaries, meet competing deadlines, and deliver results
• Some early or late hours will be required during events
• Some travel may be required; less than 15%
• Experience working in a multi- stakeholder/ consortium environment with diverse backgrounds and culture
• Aptitude for analysis and working with data
• Good judgment, tact, and discretion and ability to handle confidential information
• MS Office software skills needed; ability and willingness to learn new programs
• Will be a high-level contributor, will take ownership for work, following up on all action items, and will deliver high quality results meeting deadlines